Eligibility Criteria for LFF
CEP seeks junior academics from the region who have obtained a graduate degree at a Western-accredited university in one of the following fields:
* Area/Regional Studies
* Environmental Studies
* European Studies
* Gender Studies
* Media Studies/Journalism
* Political Science/International Relations
* Public Administration/Public Policy
You are eligible to apply for a Local Faculty Fellowship if you:
* are a national of the CEP country in which you plan to teach (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro*, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan);**
* have received a degree – preferably a Master’s degree or its equivalent – from a Western-accredited university in one of the aforementioned fields;
* have obtained – or are in the process of obtaining – a position at a university in your home country;
* are anxious to take advantage of opportunities for professional development and exchange;
* have a serious commitment to a career in academia and to working as a university-based scholar;
* have not held a full-time university teaching position for longer than three years; and
* are proficient in spoken and written English.
*The use of specific place names does not reflect any position on changing or maintaining current internationally recognized borders.
**The list of countries is subject to change in the 2004-05 academic year.
If you wish to teach at a university not in your home country, please consider applying for a Visiting Faculty Fellowship Program instead.