CEP solicits funding from a wide variety of private and public sources. Previous funding sources include:
- American Bar Association, Central and East
European Law Initiative (CEELI)
- American Councils for International Education:
- American University—Central Asia
- Amoco, Inc.
- Arthur Andersen, Inc.
- Austrian Ministry of Science and Transport
- Bochum University
- Robert Bosch Foundation
- British Council
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Central European University
- Chevron Corporation
- Citigroup Foundation
- Coca-Cola Corporation
- Constitutional and Legal Policy Institute
- Eurasia Foundation
- European Commission
- European Cultural Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- German Marshall Fund of the United States
- German Rectors Conference
- Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Institute
- International Debate Education Association
- Jewish Communal Fund
Federation of Greater Atlanta
- Juris Angliae Scientia
- Alfred Jurzykowski Foundation, Inc.
- Klein Travel
- Koeber Foundation
- Kosciuszko Foundation
- Leadership Trust Foundation
- Lithuanian Air
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Mahart, Inc.
- Malev Airlines, Inc.
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Ministry of Education – Hungary
- Mobil Oil
- Moldovan Air, Inc.
- Network Library Program
- Nordic Council of Ministers
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Open Society Institute
- PaineWebber Group, Inc.
- Reuters Foundation
- Stanley Roth Sr., Charitable Trust
- Royal Netherlanders Embassy, Kyiv
- Salzburg Seminar
- Shaney & Fischer
- Smith-Richardson Foundation
- Stability Pact (Government of Austria)
- Starr Foundation
- Stifterverband fur die Deutsche Wissenschaft
- Swedish Council for Planning and
Coordination of Research
- Ukrainian Rail, Inc.
- United Nations
- United Nations Development Programme
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
- United Nations High Commission for
- United States Department of State,
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (formerly USIA)
- United States Embassy – Bulgaria
- United States Embassy – Poland
- United States Embassy – Romania
- Unocal, Inc.
- White & Case, Inc.